Thursday, August 18, 2011

Electrifying

Of course my daughter, Skyler, would be the child to get shocked while removing a plug from an outlet. Yup, the shock traveled right up her arm and into her pacemaker. I mean really, is anyone surprised? I am not. I emailed her doctors and asked if I should be concerned. They really don't think any harm was done but would like her to have an ekg just to be sure. I'll bring her in next week for that. The child kills me slowly each day!
On to more cheerful news... Skyler is now a karate kid. We just signed her up for karate this week and she loves it. She has been practicing her moves every night and has requested we purchase her a rubber knife and punching/sparring gloves. Rick has looked into purchasing a jock cup. (Is that what they're called?) Elizabeth is thinking about starting karate but she's not sure. She definitely wants signing lessons so I'll sign her up for those next week. Kayla is happy these days. We got her a car. She is never home now.... ha!
My jobs are going well. I still can't believe I am a nurse. All those years of hard work have finally paid off. I'm settling into my nursing career and trying to balance my family life.... and failing miserably. Things will be better once the kids are in school. Right now they are home all day and I have to leave them to either go to work or to sleep (I often work the overnight shift). Once they are in school I can sleep when they are in school and spend time with them when they come home. It will all work out!
That's really all there is to report. Life is good, hectic, but good.

No comments: