Monday, May 17, 2010

Magical Wishes



I am happy to report that Lorenzo has made it to Florida! The whole family drove down and after a few minor bumps in the road, sorta speak, they have reached their destination.

Skyler and I went to visit Lorenzo while he was in the hospital. I'll admit I was a bit worried about Sky seeing him. I worried that if something happened to Ren that Sky would be devastated... and I'm certain she would be. However, you just don't abandon a friend in need, no matter how much it could hurt you in the end. That is probably the best lesson I can teach my child. She loved visiting him! She actually didn't want to leave because she was having such a wonderful time.


I'm so happy that little Lorenzo's wish to "see the princesses" has come true!

His surgery is scheduled for June, after he returns from Florida. I'll keep you updated.

I'd also like to thank everyone who sent Lorenzo cards. From what I understand, they are still being delivered to the hospital. His Dr. said she'd hold on to all the cards for him and will give them to him when he gets back. Heather informed me that Ren was so excited to receive the cards and that they really made his day. So thank you :)

Another quick thank you... Thank you;

528 W Market St
Smithfield, NC 27577
919-989-0000

Heather got a flat and had trouble getting it fixed. She met Ed (owner of the shop) and he offered to fix it for her at his shop. He had the family back on the road in no time. Thanks Ed!!!

No comments: