Thursday, March 10, 2011

What if???

Just for fun... my horoscope for this week.

Virgo
How long has it been since you were last touched by an angel? It would seem some deeply benevolent force is now watching over you. This week's outlook suggests there's kindness and compassion in the cosmic picture. Somehow, soon, you will be taken further away from a source of stress - and closer to a new reason to feel hopeful. You may be led in a number of ways from force of circumstance, to sudden coincidence to the direct intervention of a helpful, positive person who is clearly determined to ensure that you now finally leave a painful part of your past behind.


The more I tell people what is going on with Sky, the more I begin to think "What if..." I can't even imagine how life would be with three healthy children. No more health related stress, no more co-pays, deductibles, frequent doctor visits. No more expensive medications, surgeries, scars, or tears.

But what if she never was sick to begin with? Surely this ordeal has significantly shaped the person I am today, the person Skyler is and will be, and our family as a whole. What if she was healthy from the start? Perhaps I would not have gone to school to become a nurse. Perhaps Skyler wouldn't have the desire to become an electrophysiologist. Maybe Jessica, Elizabeth and Kayla wouldn't have learned to appreciate the fragility of life. Maybe we wouldn't have learned the all-to-forgotten lesson of pulling together as a family during stressful times, even when we thought we had pushed each other miles aways.

Everything happens for a reason, this I truly believe. So no matter what the outcome is, I know it's all for the best. So she might not be "cured". She may need more surgeries and more tears may be shed. My "what if's" tonight are not "what if she really is healthy?" Instead I question, "What if she never was sick to begin with?"

I'm not so sure my life would be as wonderful as it is now.


1 comment:

JennyP said...

Yeah, thanks for the early morning misty eyes. :)