Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pacemaker Camp

On April 10 I will be doing a 5K run to support Children's Hospital in their quest to raise $30,000 in order to fund this years pacemaker camp. The race will be held in Hull at nantasket beach. This is very important to me. As you all know, Skyler has a pacemaker and this camp will offer her the chance to experience a weekend away without any activity restrictions. No one will tell her to "slow down" or "take it easy". She won't be reminded of her heart condition and she'll have an amazing opportunity to meet other children with the same issues as her.
I think it would be wonderful if all of you would consider running with us! The day is sure to be fun! There will be a live band, face painting, food, kite making, raffles and prizes. So even if you don't want to run/walk at least come out and enjoy the day.

Here are some links for more information. If you make a donation please be sure to say it's for Skyler.

To register to run/walk...


To make a donation in Skyler's honor....


Thank you!






3 comments:

Barb Furner said...

Hi there! I came across your post when I was looking online for more information regarding pacemaker camp for my daughter - she is also 8 and will be going this weekend - is your daughter? I'm excited for her, but a little nervous because she doesn't know anyone - I imagine they'll do so much fun stuff to get them all to know each other it'll be great! Take care - all the best!

Jacinda said...

Hi Barb,
Thank you for your note. Yes, Skyler will be attending cam this weekend. I too am nervous but I know they'll have a wonderful time. I look forward to meeting you Friday. Take care~ Jacinda

Barb Furner said...

I LOVED seeing how excited Mariana and Skyler were to meet each other - even before we realized the on-line connection! Here's to a great weekend for the two of them and the start of a great friendship!