Monday, June 13, 2011

Slight scare

I had a little scare this morning with Sky. When she woke up I noticed she had blood on her shirt. Her incision had what appeared to be a blood bubble and it was leaking watery blood. Not only that but she had a red papular rash all over her chest. I took a few pic and sent them by email to the doctor. Her Doctor replied right away and said the rash looked like an allergic reaction, probably to the tape or cleansing solution, and the incision did not look infected. We'll just keep an eye on it. The bleeding has stopped and I gave her Benadryl for the rash.
As far as Sky, she is doing great. She's up moving around more and walking a lot better. She's having no trouble keeping her arm still, something I was worried about. She wears her sling when she's up and it helps remind her not to lift the arm.
I'm thinking about stopping by the school tomorrow so Sky can say hi to the school nurse. She's looking forward to grossing her out with her new scars! I also promised her a Starbucks decaf carmel macchiato.... the child takes after me, what can I say?

No comments: