Sunday, December 5, 2010

Teeth

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear regarding the removal of Sky's teeth prior to being placed on a ventilator. The teeth are baby teeth and they are very loose. The doctors think it would be best if the tooth fairy came for a visit while Sky is fast asleep.
I'm finding it a lot easier to worry about a few missing teeth than the actual surgery, so there is no need to remind how easy it is to pull out teeth. I know it's no big deal :) Sky doesn't know they are pulling them. I did tell her, however, that the breathing tube might knock out a tooth since they are loose and that the surgeon will put it in a bag for the tooth fairy.
This is the only lie I have told her about tomorrow. That's why it's killing me. But I think telling the truth, while making me feel better, will only scare the heck out of her. So I will stick to the story and make sure the tooth fairy brings extra expensive gifts!

No comments: