Monday, January 3, 2011

Did I just do that?



Today is Sky's first full day back at school. I thought I'd be happier about it, but instead I am finding myself being ridiculously tortured with each passing minute. I have also realized that, I am indeed, going insane.... more on that in a bit.

So let me backtrack a bit. Sky has been doing well. We had a few scares, a stomach bug, and a trip back to the hospital but everything is fine now. She was having some chest pains and I took her to Children's Hospital. Everything checked out perfect and her lead (one that was not working fully) is now working. The electrophysiologist chalked it up to "maybe a little air got into the lead during surgery and it's now resolved" Let's just leave it at that. It's just easier.
She goes back to her cardiologist Jan 11th. She'll get the royal work up then. It will be interesting to see what the echo has to show. I'm not too worried about it. She's doing great and if there is an issue, we'll worry then.

So life goes on. I finished up my fifth semester (nursing program) and passed with an A. I have no idea how I managed that with everything that was going on, but I am thrilled I did. Fortunately, I have the next three weeks off. I also went back to work after being on a four week leave. It seriously felt like my first day on the job! I'm sure it won't take long for me to settle back into my routine.

As far as me going crazy... I'm sure that's a big shock to most of you ha! I think the school nurse and I exchanged like 20 emails today (maybe it just felt like that many) because I was so concerned about Sky. Then, when I was making my lunch this afternoon, I suddenly panicked because I didn't send Sky to school with lunch money. I had visions of her sitting in the cafeteria, too shy to tell a teacher she didn't have lunch, starving to death! I quickly called the school and had them check on her.... then I remembered that I did send her with money. She had lunch today. yay. I am a nutcase. It was then I realized that I need to calm the... heck... down and go find something productive to do! I took a nap. Yup... life is getting back to normal.



1 comment:

JennyP said...

I laughed at this post.
I am glad Sky had lunch. I am glad you took a nap. Congratulations on your "A"!