Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just a quickie

We saw her electrophysiologist yesterday so he could lower the output on one of the leads. He really feels strongly that the chest pain isn't being caused from the pacemaker. I have no idea what I think anymore. I thought lowering it worked. Hours went by before she complained pain, but around 5pm she started having them again. She said they didn't hurt as bad and rated them a 3/10 on the pain scale. I'm not giving up hope. I started her on Motrin in case it's muscle pain, prilosec in case it's reflux, Iron supplements since her hct is low and she is seeing an adjustment counselor in school.
The worst part is I have to act like it's no big deal. I try not to even bring it up at home. I don't want the poor kid just thinking about her heart function all day long. She tells me when she has pain and I just have to reassure her that it's not dangerous and her heart is working perfectly. I cannot stand when people call the house asking for details about Sky. I have this blog for a reason. I refuse to have a conversation explaining what's going on while Sky is home.
Holter results should be back Tue. We also have a doctor appointment with Dr. ***** that day, but I am thinking about canceling it. I'm really getting sick of paying hundreds of dollars just so they can listen to her and tell me they don't know what's going on.

No comments: